Shari Rarick Gysel began dancing as a very young child. She was able to take advantage of dance educational instruction weekly by instructors in Grand Rapids, Lansing and Detroit in addition to her own classes in ballet, jazz, acrobatic, tap and modern that she continued from her dance instructors in Battle Creek.
- Attended Butler University as a dance major while completing High School.
- Graduated from Paris American Academy as a dance major.
- Attended Michigan State University.
- Demonstrated dance technique for Gus Giordano Jazz Dance in Chicago
For over 50 years she has provided excellent dance instruction for the community of Battle Creek through her dance studio. Additionally, she has served the area with dance through teaching in:
- Battle Creek Public Schools – Ann J. Kellogg Elementary school L.A.S.E.R. program
- Kellogg Community College – classes in creative movement for teachers
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College – Social dance and line dancing
- Children’s Director – Moscow Ballet “Nutcracker” performances since 1999
- Children’s Director – Battle Creek Symphony, "Nutcracker" performance
- Battle Creek Central Hall of Fame
She has mentored countless dance students who have continued dance instruction at her studio in Battle Creek as student teachers, lead teachers, or assistant teachers. Many have gone on in dance professionally and/or educationally throughout the nation.
Shari is a member of:
- Dance Masters of America: Certified by test to teach, Past Chairman of National Scholarship Committee and Past Chairman of National Performing Arts Committee)
- Dance Masters of Michigan: Past President
- Cecchetti Council of America
- Dance Educators of America
- Life member of Sacred Dance Guild